Trinisunshine

Trinisunshine

Thursday, March 15, 2012

More Bag of Beads

I just love this bracelet! At first I did not feel the colours but went into my stash for more inspiration. I used one of my own lampwork beads ( I played in the fire a little shhhhhhh) as the focal and was just wrapped up in loops.
Bag of Bead 2: Wrapped Up in Loops Bracelet.
 I wanted to play with Crystal Clay, Resin and Gilder's Paste. I did a bit of hammering on the case to give it some texture for the paste and this piece was a fun way to use those tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny seedbeads! I just put them into the rest of the Crystal Clay that Stephanie Dixon had given us at the January's meeting. Some fun odds and ends from my stash and more beads from the bag of course and my business cards has a new Beady Arts home.
I long for the beach - Business Card Case
 Back To The Reef - this was the most fun to work on. I had to use some wire because for some time now it has become my favourite medium to work with. The tulle was stiffened with resin and stuffed into the mouth and eight legs were made with nylon mesh tube ( that was in my stash for a little over two years). I had to give her shoes - so I used Crystal Clay and this gave it some weight too. A tulle hat with a feather and a pair of earrings of course and now she's on her way to Trinisunshine Reef (the mixed media piece featured at the bottom of my blog).

Ready For Trinisunshine  Reef

I've got Tulle in my mouth but don"t put your fingers in!!!

Nylon Mesh Tube Legs & Crystal Clay Shoes
 Finally I made a fun pair of earrings with a combination of beads from the bag and my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment