Trinisunshine

Trinisunshine

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Safe, yeah how safe?

I'm not trying to give the city a bad name - because over the years I've felt quite safe in this huge city. But when it comes close to home and my safety feels compromised safe yeah how safe are we really?

A few weeks it was at Eaton Centre and now last night in  my neighbourhood. Wha really going on man!!! I sat outside with my family last night and we were chatting with my neighbour enjoying the summer, then we heard the music and what was supposedly singing but it was sounding like quarreling. Then about ten shots rang out!!! Then we waited, yeah we waited to what turned out to be the biggest orchestra of sirens I've ever heard. Still we waited because it went on for a long time.

Today twenty-three people were reportedly shot and among them two were pronounced safe at the scene. The mayor, the police chief everybody who can is having a press conference about what was supposed to be a celebration that turned violent.Two streets away approximately - that close. It was sounding even closer like right in my front yard. Safe, yeah how safe?????

No comments:

Post a Comment