Trinisunshine

Trinisunshine

Friday, October 26, 2012

My Grandmother

I called my aunt and uncle's home today to check up on my grandmother. Instead my grandmother's caregiver answered and I thanked her for taking care of her. I did not get to speak to my aunt or uncle because they had both stepped out but had a brief conversation with "The Queen".

'Queen' is what her children call her - because she is indeed a queen. I miss my grandmother dearly and hearing her voice filled my heart. I feel blessed because I had the opportunity to know all my grandparents and I treasure all the memories. 'Ma Val' or 'Mommy Val' is what we call her and even though she's at the stage where she's not saying much - she told me she loves me and that made my day.

If you know me well, you'll know that I've a soft spot for seniors - the 'kings' and 'queens' who are filled with a wealth of wisdom. Nuff love and respect to all the seniors and their caregivers out there. Be blessed, because having you around in certainly a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment