Trinisunshine

Trinisunshine

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Carrots

Today I decided to make a carrot cake because I wanted to find another way to consume the carrots from the 10lb. bag my husband bought recently. Yeah we gave some away, I steamed some, made salad but yet it seems like "carrots without end".

I know my grandmother will be proud because I'm happy with the way my cake turned out. I even made muffins with the rest of the batter and they are all gone.

My only surviving grandparent, my grandmother was know for her delicious cakes. There was not  a birthday that would pass without one of these treats. She even baked for weddings and other special occasions and of course we were always there to help ourselves to the rest of the batter in the bowls.

I've always loved carrot cake and whenever my grandmother made it she would call me over. I'm licking my lips just thinking about it. Oh yeah she made the best sponge cake and black cake ( rum cake or fruit cake as it's also called). I'm going to call her tomorrow and tell her about my cake and about how much I treasure the memories of being with her in the kitchen while she did her thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment