Trinisunshine

Trinisunshine

Monday, July 11, 2011

Jacko

If my grandfather were alive he would've been 98 today and yesterday would've been his grand thanksgiving. All of my life I have not met another individual who celebrated a birthday the way he did.

Everyone had a task to fulfill and mine was to design and make the invitations. These had to be done months in advance to put his mind at ease. During the thanksgiving there was singing ( he had a wonderful voice and used to sing to my grandmother because it was also their anniversary), worship and foooooood.

Jacko was married to my grandmother for 55years but they were together for 66 and when she died he didn't want to go on any longer. But with faith and the support of family and friends he did.

His parting words to me when I was leaving Trinidad were" Well if we don't see here again we'll see on the other side. " He may have left, but the memories will last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment